Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Missing

I have missed. Most often I miss places I've been and people I've been with, smells and sights and moments I will never get back...but sometimes, I miss things that have never been - and may never be.

I miss running on a cool summer evening down by the ocean. I miss sailing the Mediterranean as the sun rises. I miss the smell of rice and curry filling my nostrils as I stroll the streets of India. I miss watching children dance and sing in Kiev. I miss my older brother. I miss a life before television. I miss 20 cent gasoline. I miss the old farm in Maine, and my horse, Lightning. I miss the top of a mountain peak in Peru. I miss the audible sound of HIS voice. I miss getting up with the sun. I miss stringing homemade necklaces in a hut in Kenya. I miss my breath being taken away as I gaze out over the cliffs of Ireland. I miss telling the man without a leg who sits on 33rd and Broadway about Jesus. I miss dancing the foxtrot at a dinner party. I miss baking a pie from scratch. I miss learning how to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment